Select a well-ventilated location with minimum 5 hours sun per day and away from invasive roots of trees. Plant in well-drained soil. Clay is great, especially when blended with quality compost.
Bare-rooted Roses (Winter Planting)
- Soak bare-rooted rose in seaweed solution for no longer than 24 hours prior to planting.
- Dig a wide, rough edged-hole (75cm * 75cm) and deep enough so that the bud union sits just above ground level.
- Create a mound of friable soil mix at the base – fan roots over the mound.
- Backfill and firmly tamp soil around bud union.
- Water well (2 buckets) then apply seaweed solution(sachet supplied).
- DO NOT FERTILISE until foliage appears and DO NOT OVERWATER.
General Rose Care
- Start organic rose management program immediately after planting then at least monthly thereafter.
- Fortnightly applications of seaweed solution is highly recommended for root development and to sustain healthy foliage.
- Mulch with lucerne, pea straw or a good pine bark – keep mulch 10cm away from stem.
Potted Rose / Gift Rose
- Soak the pot well before planting.
- Prepare a hole double with width and depth of the pot.
- Place rose in hole – no need to loosen roots.
- Back-fill being sure to cover the potting mix with soil and mulch.
- Water well (2 buckets) then pour over seaweed solution (sachet supplied).
- DO NOT FERTILISE at planting and DO NOT OVERWATER.
No Room In The Garden?
Yes, of course your nose will grow beautifully in a container if you follow these simple instructions:
- Always use quality potting mix with added nutrients and water-saving crystals topped up with mulch;
- Water daily or consider using self-watering container to ensure the rose has adequate moisture at all times;
- Fertilise every 4-6 weeks during flowering season and drench pot with seaweed solution fortnightly; Re-pot every two years.
MOST IMPORTANT RULE
TAKE TIME OUT TO ENJOY AND SMELL THE ROSES!
ROSE CARE INSTRUCTIONS PDF